Do you love your library and want to support it financially? You can donate to the Friends of the Library.
The Friends of West Slope Community Library is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that supports the library with critical funding. In the past few years, financial support from the Friends has made the following (and much more) possible:
- additional books for children, teens, and adults
- creation of a board game collection for children and families
- free editions of BookPage for readers
- literacy programs for children
- cultural and recreational programs for teens and adults
- Summer Reading prizes for children, teens, and adults
- new front desks
- tables wired for laptop users
- shelving & display carts
- bulletin boards
West Slope Library cannot accept financial donations directly. Instead, you can donate to the Friends online or at the library with cash or a check made out to the Friends.
Looking for other ways to support the library? Find out more about donating books and other materials to the Friends or volunteering at the library.
Start your spring with fresh-cut flowers.
The Friends of West Slope Community Library will be hosting their annual tulip sale to raise funds for the library.
Wooden shoe tulips will be sold 10 for $5.
Volunteers will be selling the bunches in front of the library Thursday, April 2 through Saturday, April 4.
The Friends are also selling high-quality canvas book bags for $10 each. These bags are available while supplies last!
Did you know that you can help the Friends of West Slope Community Library earn donations by shopping with your Fred Meyer Rewards Card?
Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon based on where their customers tell them to give. Here’s how the program works:
- Sign up for the Community Rewards program online by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to the Friends of West Slope Community Library. Search for the Friends by name or use the non-profit number 80360.
- Every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you help the Friends earn money from Fred Meyer.
- You still earn and keep your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates.
For more information, visit fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.
The Friends of West Slope Community Library is a non-profit organization that provides significant financial support to the library, designating funds for the collection, furniture, and programs. If you are interested in being a member of the Friends of the Library, you can drop off a completed membership form at the library with a check made out to the Friends of WSCL, or you can mail your form and check to 3678 SW 78th Ave, Portland, OR 97225.
If you have questions about the Friends of the Library, please contact us.